RECIPE 1: Stuffed pasta shell with ground beef Recipe by Ayzah Cuisine – Origin Italy
Shell pasta popularly known in Italy as “Conchiglie” is not your regular paste; this pasta is in the form of seashells.
The shell shape of the pasta allows the sauce to adhere to it.
See how it’s prepared.
- 1.1 pack jumbo pasta shell
- 1/2kg ground beef
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Mamador vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp beef seasoning
- 2 Mamador seasoning cube
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Chopped parsley
- Bring water to a boil, add some salt and 1 tbsp Mamador vegetable oil, add pasta shell, stir and cook 8-10 mins
- Remove the pasta from the heat and drain, transfer it into a tray and allow to cool
- In a pan, heat up about 3 tbsp Mamador vegetable oil, add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a couple of minutes
- Add ground beef, stirring occasionally, add beef seasoning, Italian seasoning, paprika, Mamador seasoning cube and tomatoes paste, cook for a couple of minutes and take the heat off
- Spread tomato sauce in an oven dish fill each shell with the ground beef sauce and place in the oven dish
- Add more tomato sauce on top of the shells, sprinkles some fresh chopped parsley and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 20 mins @180 c
Once the cheese melts and starts to brown then it’s done, remove from the oven and serve!
Serve and enjoy.
RECIPE 2: Whole Roast Chicken Recipe
The next recipe we will be looking at is the center of attraction on “Thanksgiving Day” in America. Though Thanksgiving day is more synonymous with turkeys the whole roast chicken recipe won’t be a bad idea. Let’s see how this is done.
- 1 whole chicken (1.5 kg)
- Dry Rub
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Mamador chicken seasoning cube
- MAMADOR OIL SEASONING MIX
- 1/8 cup Mamador vegetable oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ medium onion
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ½ squeezed lime
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine dried thyme, salt, Mamador vegetable oil and lemon juice
- Loosen the skin of the chicken breast and put some of the Oil seasonings under the skin and in the chicken cavity
- In another bowl, combine garlic powder, white pepper, onion powder, chilli powder, salt and Mamador chicken seasoning
- Rub the dry mix into the chicken
- Stuff the chicken cavity with squeezed lemon, onions and rosemary
- Tuck in the chicken wings and tie the legs with a twine
- Layer some onions, carrots, potatoes and rosemary sprigs in a roasting pan
- Place the chicken in the pan
- Brush some of the Oil seasoning mix on the chicken
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hr 20 minutes (check the chicken every twenty minutes)
Allow resting for 30 minutes before serving. See reference video here.
RECIPE 3: Potato Fritata by Ifys.kitchen
Let’s take a ride back to Italy. Potato Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. The word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to “fried.” Sure you get the idea by now.
How do you prepare this? Don’t worry, keep reading.
- 4 Potatoes
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Carrots (Diced)
- 2 small Chicken breast Cubed
- Half each of Green, red and Yellow bell peppers
- 1 medium Onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scotch bonnets
- 1-2 Mamador Chicken cube
- ¼ tablespoon thyme
- salt to taste
- Mamador vegetable oil
- Peel and slice the potatoes into small sizes.
- Add a little salt and boil the potatoes for about 5 minutes or till it is soft and tender. OR bake the potatoes instead.
- In a non-stick frying pan, add a tablespoon of oil, arrange some of the boiled potatoes on the pan to form a layer.
- Add the chopped onion, pepper, tomatoes and other veggies in layers.
- Arrange the remaining boiled potatoes on it to form the last layer.
- Whisk the eggs, add salt and seasoning cubes. Whisk it again to allow it to mix properly.
- Pour the whisked eggs on the potato-veggie layers. Make sure you spread it evenly on it.
- Place the content of the pan in an oven and bake for about 10 minutes or till the egg looks well fried. OR you could just place the pan on a cooker and fry the content over medium heat.
Serve and enjoy with a cup of juice, yogurt or any of your favorite drinks.
See reference video here.
RECIPE 4: Alfredo Pasta by Ifys.kitchen
The next dish is also from Italy, this one is called Alfredo Pasta. Alfredo Pasta is also known as fettuccine al burro, fettuccine burro e parmigiano, or pasta in bianco is named after its creator, Alfredo di Lelio, who owned a restaurant on the Via Della Scrofa in Rome.
Although the dish is not so popular in Italy, the taste is nothing short of delicious.
What Is Alfredo? Alfredo is a creamy, dreamy pan sauce made from butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Enough talk, let’s try it out.
- 300g penne pasta (cooked till al dente)
- 2 tablespoons Mamador vegetable oil
- 1 large chicken breast
- ½-1 tablespoon black pepper
- Mamador Chicken cube
- 15-20 medium prawns (season prawns with fish seasoning, black pepper and ginger-garlic paste)
- 60 grams butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium-size onions
- 3 scotch bonnet
- 2 cups cooking cream
- ½ – ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta until it is almost done – al dente. Drain the pasta from the water and set aside in a bowl. Pour cold water over the pasta to stop the cooking process and to prevent it from overcooking while you prep the remaining ingredients
- Chop the onions, and crush the garlic
- Place a pan or skillet on medium heat, then add the avocado oil. Once hot add in the onions and sauté for 1 – 2 minutes, follow this with the crushed garlic and sauté for another 1 – 2 minutes
- Lower the heat, our in the almond milk, nutritional yeast , salt and black pepper and stir continuously
- Pour in the lemon juice and add the lemon zest, and continue stirring
- Once the pasta is al dente, remove from the pan from the heat and drain. Save some pasta water to thin out the pasta sauce (if needed later)
- Add the pasta to the pan with the pasta sauce
- Remove pasta from the heat and garnish with red chilli flakes and the remaining chopped basil
Just in case you go on a trip to Italy, you might want to order for fettuccine al burro, fettuccine burro e parmigiano, or pasta in bianco!
Buon Appetito!!! See reference video here.
RECIPE 5: Skillet Potatoes by Afoodiejournall
Last but not least is Skillet Potatoes. This dish is a basic potato dish made by pan- or skillet-frying chunked, sliced, wedged or diced potatoes that are sometimes unpeeled and may have been par-cooked by boiling, baking, steaming or microwaving. They are sometimes served as a substitute for hash browns.
Here is how Afoodiejournall prepared it.
- 8 Irish potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons of Mamador vegetable oil
- 1 Mamador chicken seasoning cube
- ½ tablespoon of dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of white pepper
- ½ medium onion
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 3 Sausages, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Steam the potatoes in a steamer or in the microwave for 5 minutes
- Let potatoes cool
- Heat some vegetable oil in an over medium heat and add the potatoes in a single layer
- Season with Mamador chicken seasoning, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, white pepper and salt
- Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes, flipping and tossing
- Add the onions, carrots, sausages and bell peppers
- Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, flipping and tossing to ensure even browning of the potatoes
Serve and enjoy!
Is there any other recipe you’d like us to talk about? Kindly leave a comment below and we will have our ever-ready chef whip it up for you.
RECIPE 6: Goat Meat Curry Recipe by Taste Bud
If Goat meat isn’t your thing, trying a Goat Meat Curry recipe could make your taste buds sue you for saying no to such goodness
- 700g goat meat (cut in chunks)
- 120ml or 1/2 cup of Mamador cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (30g of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (about 30g of ginger)
- 2 medium onion sliced
- 4-5 Tablespoons Curry powder (40g)
- 1 tablespoon of white pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 medium-sized onions (150g)
- 3 medium potatoes cut in halves
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup of tomato paste.
- 1 – 3 scotch bonnet pepper (adjust to suit taste buds or replace with any hot pepper)
- 4 cubes of Mamador chicken seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 3 carrots cut in halves
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves or scallions.
- Season your goat meat with salt, a cube of Mamador chicken seasoning and some pepper(optional). Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot, over medium heat, when hot, add your seasoned goat meat. Sear until both sides are evenly browned.
- Then add curry, stir for about 2-3 minutes. Add the white pepper, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, sliced onions, dried thyme leaves or fresh Thyme leaves, bay leaves and scotch bonnet pepper, stir for about 2- 3 minutes.
- Then pour in about 1lt/ 1000ml or just enough water to cover the goat and bring to a boil and let it simmer until tender (this depends on the texture of the goat and how cooked you like your meat)
- This process should take about 2 hours or more, stirring the pot or saucepan occasionally and adding more water as at when due.
- Add your potatoes about 20 minutes before removing your pot from the burner and add 3 more cubes of Mamador seasoning cubes.
- Continue cooking until potatoes are tender, if you want really thick curry goat, mash one of your cooked potatoes into the sauce as you can see in the video above.
- At this stage, add 1 table spoon of tomato ketchup, the acidity helps to create a balance in the taste of the sauce. Stir and
- Add your carrots. Cook for 1 minute or two.
- You may adjust thickness of soup with some water. If you find it too thick.
Garnish: Serve your sauce in a bowl and sprinkle with fresh parsley leaves or sliced scallions.
Which recipe would you be trying out this festive season? Let us know in the comments below