Chicken Dumplings Recipe
Serves - 10 people
1 kg of ground chicken
3 medium size carrots, chopped
10 green onions, chopped
2 medium size garlic, minced
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp of ground pepper
2 tsp of soy sauce (Optional)
2 serving spoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
2 cups of water
2 cups of flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
- Step 1
- Pour the flour (set ¼ cup aside for sprinkling), baking powder, 1 tsp of salt and water into a large bowl.
- Step 2
- Mix with a spatula until it forms a lump and knead with your hands for a few minutes until it’s stretchy. Cover the bowl and let the dough sit for 2 hours.
- Step 3
- Mix the ground chicken, carrots, chopped green onions, garlic, egg, ground pepper, soy sauce, salt, seasoning and Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in a bowl. Ensure all the ingredients mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Step 4
- To make the dumpling wrappers, place the dough on a flat surface, sprinkle some flour and cut the dough into small pieces. Roll each piece into a 6” circle.
- Step 5
- Tip : Once the wrappers are ready, you have to work fast as the dough will dry up and break if you don’t.
- Step 6
- Scoop 1tbsp of the ground chicken mix unto the center of each dumpling wrapper and fold. Fold like you would fold a meat pie, if the edges aren’t sticking together, wet a baking brush with water and apply on the dumpling wrappers’ edges.
- Step 7
- Repeat this step until you have filled all the dumpling wrappers.
- Step 8
- Pour 2 cups of water in a pot and heat up until it reaches a boil. Gently add the dumplings into the boiling water, and stir with a wooden spoon so that the dumplings don’t stick together.
- Step 9
- Boil for 5 minutes or until the dumplings float to the surface and the dough is transparent.
- Step 10
- Tip: don’t cram the pot, cook the dumplings in batches and avoid over-cooking.
Write Your Own* All fields are required