Chin Chin Recipe
Serves - 8 people
1kg of plain flour
150ml of milk / 150g of powdered milk
275g of granulated sugar
250g of margarine
2 medium sized nutmegs (or 1 teaspoonful of ground nutmeg)
- Step 1
- Mix the milk and sugar in a bowl and leave to soak. Note: If you are using powdered milk, mix the milk and sugar. Then add 150ml of water for soft chin chin (75ml of water for crunchy chin chin), mix and leave to soak. One way to get the sugar to dissolve fast is to grind it before mixing it with other ingredients."
- Step 2
- In a separate bowl, mix the ground nutmeg and flour, then rub the margarine into the flour till it has mixed well with the flour, leaving no lumps.
- Step 3
- Add the sugar/milk mixture to the margarine/flour mixture and mix by hand till a smooth dough is achieved.
- Step 4
- Place the dough on a flat surface and start kneading gently with a dough roller.
- Step 5
- When the dough is flat, cut into desired sizes.
- Step 6
- Deep-fry in hot Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil. .
- Step 7
- While frying, continuously stir the chin chin till you get a golden brown color.
- Step 8
- Scoop the fried pieces onto a flat tray to dry and cool down quickly.
- Step 9
- When the Chin Chin cools down completely, store in a dry container
- Was quite easy and good to go. Loved my crunchy chin chin. Thank you Mamador.
Write Your Own* All fields are required