Chocolate Roulade Recipe
Curl up with a slice of our chocolate roulade and a cup of coffee on a cold harmattan night. It’s just what the doctor prescribed.
- Step 1
- Beat the eggs until it’s frothy. Add sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Step 2
- Sift the whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder into a separate bowl and mix. Add the egg mixture and Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil to the flour mix.
- Step 3
- Whisk slowly until ingredients are well combined. Do not over mix, as this will make the cake tough/hard.
- Step 4
- Pour your batter into a flat greased baking pan. Tip: your baking pan should be flat like a tray so that the cake can come out thin and easy to roll.
- Step 5
- Bake at 350F/180C for 20 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- Step 6
- Remove from the oven, let it sit for 5 minutes, sift your icing sugar on the cake and flip on a baking towel.
- Step 7
- For the filling: Mix ½ cup of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Step 8
- Spread the peanut butter mix over the cake, covering the entire surface of the cake.
- Step 9
- Gently roll the cake, avoid rushing this process so as not to break the cake.
- Step 10
- Keep refrigerated or serve immediately with your favourite drink.
Write Your Own* All fields are required