Frejon Soup Recipe
Serves - 8 people
200ml of Coconut Milk (100g freshly-grated and squeezed Coconut)
500ml of water
500g of beans
50g of sugar to taste
Garri (to thicken)
8 large Tomatoes
2 large Tatashe (bell peppers)
5 Atarodo (scotch bonnet pepper)
3 Cooking spoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
2 Medium sized Fresh fish (Croaker)
2 Medium Onions
2 Seasoning cubes
Thyme and curry
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Pick the beans to remove dirt, stones and weevils.
- Step 2
- Add beans to a deep pot, add enough water to cover beans completely. (Do not add salt or onions) and add beans to a deep pot, add enough water to cover beans completely. (Do not add salt or onions)
- Step 3
- Once the beans are soft and mushy, drain the extra liquid with a sieve and set aside. Transfer your sieved beans into a blender, add your coconut milk and blend till it is becomes a very smooth paste and then transfer your beans into a pot and let it boil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Step 4
- Add your sugar, stir and let it cook for another 5 mins till it starts to thicken. (Note: Do not cover pot during this step). Once it starts to thicken, keep stirring. Let it cook for another 5 minutes and then its ready to be served.
- Step 5
- For the Fish sauce: begin by washing, cutting and cleaning the Croaker fish and then set it aside.
- Step 6
- Blend the tomatoes, peppers and onions and set aside. Pour the blended pepper into a pot and let it cook down and become thicker for about 20 mins.
- Step 7
- Heat up Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil, add some diced onions and fry for 2 mins and then pour in the cooked pepper, stir and cook on medium heat for 5 mins. Add in thyme, curry , seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
- Step 8
- Add the cleaned fish and carefully lift and tilt the pot from left to right. This is how to “stir” the pot without breaking up the fish. .
- Step 9
- Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for 15 – 20 mins until the fish is properly cooked
- Step 10
- Serve Frejon with Fish Sauce and enjoy!
Write Your Own* All fields are required