Fried Rice Recipe
Fried rice is a versatile dish that can be prepared in a variety of ways with a wide range of ingredients. If you like this recipe, you might also want give Coconut fried rice, Chinese-style Egg fried rice or even Beef fried rice a try!
Fried Rice Recipe Serves - 8 people
500g long grain white rice
500ml of Chicken or Turkey stock
100g Cow Liver (use beef as a substitute)
2 large Carrots
1 handful of Green Peas
1 large Green bell pepper (Green Tatashe)
1 Onion bulb
2-3 tablespoonfuls of Curry Powder
1 teaspoonful of Garlic Powder (optional)
1/2 a tablespoonful of black of white pepper (optional)
2-3 cooking spoonfuls of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
2 seasoning cubes
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Place the Chicken in a pot, add 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon curry, 1 stock cube and onion slices. Add a little water and cook the chicken for 10 minutes. Then add more water and cook until done. The liquid left after cooking the chicken, is your stock. Pour the stock into a Strainer to remove tiny chicken bones and any other particles in it; then set the stock aside for later use.
- Step 2
- Fry or grill the chicken.
- Step 3
- Wash and place the cow liver in a pot, add seasoning cube and salt to taste; Cook the liver for 10minutes, then when cooled, cut into cubes and set aside. Liver can also be fried, before cutting into cubes. (Tip: If you can’t stand liver, you can use fried beef, chicken or shrimps as a substitute.)
- Step 4
- Parboil the Rice, then place in a sieve to drain out excess water.
- Step 5
- When preparing the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Dice the onion & set aside; Peel the carrots & cut into small cubes. Remove the seeds of the green bell peppers & cut into small cubes. Place the carrots & green peas in boiling water for 5 minutes, strain out and place in a bowl of cold water, leave to cool in the water, then pour into a sieve and set aside. (This method is called blanching)
- Step 6
- Place the reserved chicken stock into a large pot and bring to a boil. The stock should be at almost the same level as the rice, so that it dries up completely when the rice is done. You can add some water if the stock won’t be enough to cook the Rice.
- Step 7
- As the stock begins to boil, add the parboiled rice, seasoning cubes, curry powder, garlic powder, onions and salt to taste. Leave to cook on medium heat until it’s done. You can pour out the cooked rice into a wider pot and set aside. .
- Step 8
- Heat up the Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil; add the carrots, peas, green tatashe and diced liver/meat; then add a little curry &seasoning cube to taste. Stir fry for 1 min and pour into a bowl.
- Step 9
- The Rice is going to be fried in small batches, so you’ll have to divide the stir-fried vegetables into equal portions. The size of your frying pan will determine how many portions you will have. Pour a portion of the stir-fried mix into the frying pan; add the cooked rice and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. (Tip: Do not overcrowd the pan, make sure there is a little space in the pan so that you can move the rice around the pan for even distribution of heat.) Repeat this process for the remaining rice and vegetables mix
- just how I love to prepare mine
- Nice recipe, but I don't really get why u have to fry them in batches at d last stage. My mom thought me to pour the vegetables after frying into the rice when its almost done n stir together
Write Your Own* All fields are required