Efo Riro Recipe
Serves - 4 people
Efo Shoko / Spinach leaves
Assorted meat (Tripe, Cow skin (Ponmo), Beef)
Assorted fish (Stock fish, Smoked fish)
5 fresh Tomatoes or 2 Bell peppers (Tatashe)
5 Scotch Bonnets peppers (Atarodo)
Iru / Ogiri (fermented Locust beans) (optional)
Mamador Virgin Palm Oil
2 medium sized Onions
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Before cooking Efo Riro Soup: Wash the vegetables and cut into tiny bits. Wash the assorted meat and fish. De-bone the smoked fish, and set all aside. Blend the peppers and tomatoes, and set aside.
- Step 2
- Cook the assorted meat and fish with onions, seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Remember to cook the tougher meat first.
- Step 3
- Cook until the liquid in the pot is well absorbed and the meat and stock fish are tender."
- Step 4
- In a dry pot, heat up Mamador Virgin Palm Oil to bleach a little, add the ground tomatoes & peppers and fry until the mixture loses its sour taste.
- Step 5
- Now add the cooked meat & fish, Iru / Ogiri, Crayfish and seasoning cubes. Mix thoroughly, cover and leave to boil for 15 minutes.
- Step 6
- After 15 minutes, add the vegetables and salt to taste. Mix well and leave to simmer for 5 minutes and your delicious Efo Riro soup is ready.
- Step 7
- Serve with Pounded yam, Eba, Amala, Semovita, Plantain, Rice etc
Write Your Own* All fields are required