Puff Puff Recipe
Serves - 8 people
250g of Plain Flour
2 teaspoons of Yeast
1 teaspoon of ground Nutmeg
Salt to taste
Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Step 1
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the nutmeg, powdered yeast, sugar and salt. Mix all together
- Step 2
- Add water in small quantities and mix everything by hand till you have a good blend of all the ingredients. Use warm water to mix the puff puff ingredients if you want it to rise faster. Keep mixing till the batter is smooth but not too watery to flow from a spoon.
- Step 3
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil or a clean cloth. Leave to rise for about 40 minutes. When ready to fry, the Puff Puff batter should have risen and will have air bubbles.
- Step 4
- Heat up Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in a deep pot. Scoop some batter into the oil with a tablespoon or your hand by pressing the batter to come out from between your thumb and index finger.
- Step 5
- Once the underside of the puff puff has turned golden brown, flip the ball so that the topside will be fried as well.
- Step 6
- When both sides are golden brown, take out the puff puff balls and place in a sieve or on a paper towel to drain out the excess oil.
Write Your Own* All fields are required