Over-ripe Plantain Waffles Recipe
Serves - 5 people
4 large over-ripe plantain
1 serving spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
1 small egg, whisked
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of vanilla
½ tsp of baking soda
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Heat your waffle maker or sandwich maker to medium.
- Step 2
- Chop your plantains and blend until smooth in a blender.
- Step 3
- Add your whisked egg to the blended plantain and blend until smooth.
- Step 4
- Add Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and salt to the plantain batter and blend some more.
- Step 5
- Grease your waffle/sandwich maker with Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil using a baking brush.
- Step 6
- Pour ½ cup of plantain batter on each waffle maker, cook until the waffle is brown on both sides.
- Step 7
- Repeat this process until the batter is finished. Tip: Always oil the waffle maker before pouring the batter.
- Step 8
- Place waffles on a rack to cool before serving.
- Step 9
- Serve your healthy waffles with a side of fruits.
- Fantastic idea
Write Your Own* All fields are required