Afang Soup Recipe
Serves - 6 people
1 kg assorted meat (Oxtail, Tripe, Ponmo etc)
300g dried fish (washed)
200g whole dry prawns (cleaned)
150g Ground Crayfish
2 medium onions (chopped)
4-6 scotch bonnet pepper/ata rodo (ground) OR Cameroon pepper to taste
450g Afang leaves (washed, shredded and pounded)
1kg Waterleaf (washed and shredded)
250ml Mamador Virgin Palm Oil
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Wash the assorted meat thoroughly and place in a pot. Add the chopped onions, seasoning cubes,salt and water. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Step 2
- Wash the smoked Dry fish with salt and leave soaking in boiling water for 5-8 minutes. Rinse out thoroughly with lots of water and set aside.
- Step 3
- Wash your Periwinkles and set aside.
- Step 4
- Add stock fish and pepper to the pot of meat and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, adding more water as required.
- Step 5
- Finally, add the pounded Afang leaves, washed Waterleaf and Crayfish. Give it a good stir and bring to the boil. Add Mamador Virgin Palm Oil, check seasoning and add if needed, allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the soup is well blended.
- Step 6
- Remove from heat. Now your meal is ready.
- Step 7
- Serve with Pounded yam, Semovita etc.
Write Your Own* All fields are required