Baked Samosa Recipe
Serves - 5 people
1 cup of flour
2 cooking spoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
3 boiled potatoes, chopped
¼ cup boiled peas
¼ tsp grated ginger
½ baking powder
1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Chopped coriander leaves
- Step 1
- To make the dough, combine the flour, baking powder, a good pinch of salt and in a large bowl. Use your fingers to rub in 1 cooking spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Step 2
- Stir in 150ml of cold water, then bring it together with your hands into a rough dough, adding a splash more water, if needed. Place in a flour-dusted bowl, cover with a damp Kitchen towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Step 3
- In a frying pan on medium heat, heat up 2 tablespoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil. Add ginger, chilli flakes, and a tablespoon of water and stir fry for 30 secs. Add the chopped potato, boiled peas and seasoning continue stir frying for 3-4 mins. Add the coriander leaves and turn off heat.
- Step 4
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Step 5
- Take each piece of dough and roll in your palms first. Then roll it with a rolling pin into a circle (doesn’t have to be a perfect circle), making the dough about 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut diagonally through the center of the samosa pastry with a knife.
- Step 6
- Form a cone with the samosa pastry. Stuff the samosa cone with the potato-peas filling, press the ends firmly. Repeat this process for each samosa.
- Step 7
- Place samosas onto a greased baking tray. Brush with a little oil and place in the hot oven for around 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Write Your Own* All fields are required