Bean Porridge Recipe
Serves - 8 people
400g of Beans
2 medium sized onions (diced)
2 seasoning cubes
2 cooking spoons of Mamador Virgin Palm Oil
3 tablespoons of Crayfish (optional)
2 overripe plantains (diced)
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Pick the beans, rinse and place in a pot. Add enough water to cover the beans and add chopped onions. Do not add salt.
- Step 2
- Cook on medium heat for 45 mins. Add water when you notice the water is drying up (use a pressure cooker to speed up the process).
- Step 3
- Once the beans are soft, add Mamador Virgin Palm Oil, Seasoning cubes, Salt, Crayfish, Ground Pepper, Diced Plantain.
- Step 4
- Gently stir, cover and let it cook for about 10 mins on medium-low heat.
- Step 5
- Stir the beans, check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Cover and let it simmer for another 5 mins.
- Step 6
- Enjoy with Fried Plantain, Bread or Garri.
Write Your Own* All fields are required