Butterfly Prawn Recipe
Serves - 8 people
20 medium prawns - (head removed, shelled with tail intact)
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper (optional)
2 teaspoons of garlic powder (optional)
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Step 1
- Using a knife, cut along the slit to split open the prawns right before the tail. Open up the prawns flat.
- Step 2
- Season prawns with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside.
- Step 3
- Place flour in a large plate, breadcrumbs in another large plate, whisk the eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Step 4
- Dip each prawn into the flour (tap off excess flour) then the whisked eggs and lastly press to cover with breadcrumbs.
- Step 5
- Heat Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in a deep frying pan on medium heat.
- Step 6
- Fry prawns for approx. 2 minutes or until golden on both side. Fry for longer if it’s a larger prawn.
- Step 7
- Place the fried prawns on kitchen towels and let the oil drain.
- Step 8
- Serve hot and enjoy with ketchup or any sauce of choice.
Write Your Own* All fields are required