Ewa Agoyin Recipe
Serves - 3-4 people
2 cups of red beans
1 large white onion (thinly sliced)
1 cup of Mamador Virgin Palm Oil
1 seasoning cube
1/4 cup of grounded Crayfish
1 medium sized Dried fish
1 large bell pepper (tatashe)
4 habanero peppers (Ata Rodo)
1 medium onion
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Add 5 cups of water to a pot, set on low heat. Wash and add the beans. Leave on low heat for 1hr or until the beans is very soft. Add salt to taste.Tip: Cook beans in a pressure cooker to speed up this process.
- Step 2
- In a blender, combine the bell pepper (tatashe) and habanero (atarodo) pepper and the medium onion.
- Step 3
- Set a medium sized pot on low heat, add Mamador Virgin Palm Oil.
- Step 4
- Bleach the oil for 5-10 mins.
- Step 5
- On very low heat, add the chopped onion and stir at intervals. This takes about 20 mins.
- Step 6
- Add the blended pepper to another pot and boil for 15 mins (this is to cook down the pepper and remove excess water).
- Step 7
- Add the parboiled pepper to the fried onion, cook for about 15 mins.
- Step 8
- Add in the grounded crayfish, shredded dried fish, salt and seasoning cube.
- Step 9
- Taste for seasoning and cook on medium heat for another 10 mins.
- Step 10
- Serve with Bread, Garri, Plantain etc.
Write Your Own* All fields are required