Fish Cake Recipe
Serves - 5 people>
3 serving spoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
2 medium garlic cloves, smashed
500g fish, boiled and de-boned
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1kg of potatoes, thinly sliced
2 medium sized eggs, whisked
Grated lemon zest
½ cup of all purpose flour
- Step 1
- In a small pan, heat 1 serving spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil over medium heat. Add your garlic and stir-fry until it’s transparent.
- Step 2
- Add your fish to the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 mins. Remove from heat.
- Step 3
- In a large pan, boil your potatoes on medium heat for 15 mins. Add salt to taste.
- Step 4
- Drain the potatoes, mash slightly, add fish, eggs and lemon zest. Mix gently, check for salt and let sit for 3 hours.
- Step 5
- Mould your mashed fish potatoes into ½ thick circles. Coat lightly with flour.
- Step 6
- In a large pan, heat 2 serving spoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil over medium heat.
- Step 7
- Fry your fish cakes for 5 mins or until golden brown on both sides.
- Step 8
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Step 9
- Serve with a side of mayo mixed with 1 tbsp of lemon.
Write Your Own* All fields are required