Grilled Fish Recipe
Serves - 2-3 people
1 whole Croaker fish
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of thyme
1 tablespoon of ground red Chili pepper
½ a teaspoon of ginger powder (optional)
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 seasoning cube
½ a teaspoon of curry powder(optional)
3 tablespoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste.
- Step 1
- Clean the fish in salted water and remove the scales, gills, and gut. Rinse thoroughly and set aside.
- Step 2
- Prepare the marinade in a small bowl by mixing all the seasonings together with the Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil until well mixed.
- Step 3
- Place the fish on a wide piece of aluminum foil (wide enough to cover the fish properly) and with a sharpened knife make some slashes lengthwise on the fish. These slashes will help the marinade to penetrate into the fish and enhance the taste.
- Step 4
- Using a brush or your clean hands, rub the marinade mix on the fish and also inside the spaces made by the slashes. Make sure that the fish is well covered with the marinade. Then cover with the foil and leave in the fridge to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 5
- Preheat the oven grill for 20 minutes at 180C/375F while you wait for the fish to soak in the marinade.
- Step 6
- Take out the fish from the fridge, remove the aluminum foil. Grease the grill with oil and place the fish on the hot grill.
- Step 7
- Leave the fish to cook for 5 to 10 minutes on one side before flipping over to the other side and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 8
- The fish is ready when it is beautifully brown on both sides. So take it out of the oven and serve.
- Step 9
- Grilled fish is a simple, tasty treat that can be eaten with a wide variety of staple foods or on its own. It is also a much healthier alternative to battered or fried options.
- Step 10
- You can serve it with Fried Rice and Dodo
Write Your Own* All fields are required