Groundnut Soup Recipe
Serves - 8 people
300g of Beef
200g of Ponmo (soft)
200g of Stockfish
1 cup of groundnut
1 cup of washed Bitter leaves/ Ugu leaves
1 Onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon of ground Crayfish
3 habanero/ ata rodo (chopped)
3 seasoning cubes
2 cooking spoons of Mamador Virgin Palm Oil
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Season the beef with seasoning cubes, onions, some of the chopped habanero pepper, and salt. Add water and cook till almost well done.
- Step 2
- Add the stock fish, Ponmo, and Crayfish to the meat and let it cook for another 20 minutes.
- Step 3
- Add Mamador Virgin Palm Oil and the remaining chopped habanero pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Step 4
- Roast the groundnuts on medium heat for 4 minutes before grinding and set aside.
- Step 5
- Add the ground groundnut to the soup and stir to thoroughly mix it in. Check for seasoning and salt, adjust if necessary. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until soup thickens.
- Step 6
- Add the washed bitter leaves/Ugu leaves and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Step 7
- This soup is perfect with Pounded Yam
I think scent leaves can also be used if chosen and other local spices
Write Your Own* All fields are required