Jollof Rice Recipe
For more tips on Jollof Rice, try The Perfect Jollof Rice Buddy: Chicken or Turkey.
Jollof Rice Recipe Serves - 8 peopleCup of rice
2-3 cups of water
4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
7 medium sized Roma Tomatoes (regular tomatoes)
1 teaspoon of dry pepper
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 small can of tomato paste (tin tomato)
2 cooking spoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable oil
3 seasoning cubes
1/4 teaspoon of Thyme
1 teaspoon of salt
4 medium onions
2 bay leaves
- Step 1
- Wash the rice thoroughly.
- Step 2
- Blend tomatoes, pepper and 3 onions
- Step 3
- Chop 1 onion
- Step 4
- Heat up Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and pour the chopped onions in and fry. Pour in the can of tomato paste and fry.
- Step 5
- Pour in blended tomato and pepper mix into the pot and stir in. Add salt, dry pepper, curry, thyme, and seasoning cubes.
- Step 6
- Allow it to simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Step 7
- Reduce the heat to the lowest level and pour in the washed rice, and add the bay leaves. Pour in the water and stir gently. Leave on low heat for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft (add water if need be during this process). Serve with your choice of delicious meat, like chicken or fish.
Being having issue cook jollof rice..always wish it taste like those I buy in eateries but I took that dream is here and yeah I cook better now ..thanks to your method of cook and ingredients list .
Tasted super...jollof is now the now cook for my Friday’s and Sunday cooking..thanks to mamador
Write Your Own* All fields are required