Lemon Cake Recipe
1/4 cup of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
1 3/4 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 1/2 cups prepared lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 c sugar in a large bowl.
- Step 2
- Break the eggs into egg and yolk in different bowls (Don’t mix together). Add 1/4 cup of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil , egg yolks, water and lemon rind and beat until smooth.
- Step 3
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 c sugar and beat until peaks are very stiff and shiny.
- Step 4
- Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into batter, then quickly add in remaining whites until it becomes moldy. Pour batter into a ungreased pan.
- Step 5
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until it’s done. Remove cake from oven and cool completely in pan. Remove cake from pan.
- Step 6
- For filling: Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks and fold in lemon filling.
- Step 7
- Slice cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Fill layers with 1/3 cup of filling.
- Step 8
- Spread rest of filling on top layer. Decorate with lemon slices
Write Your Own* All fields are required