Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
1 (8 ounces) box elbow macaroni
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Step 1
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Step 2
- Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Step 3
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Step 4
- Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Step 5
- Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted 2 to 4 minutes.
- Step 6
- Fold macaroni and cheese sauce until coated.
Write Your Own* All fields are required