Baked Doughnut Balls Recipe
Serves - 5 people
½ cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ tablespoons of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
½ teaspoon of baking powder
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg
¼ cup buttermilk (add a tablespoon of vinegar/fresh lemon juice to 1 cup of regular milk to make buttermilk)
¼ teaspoon of vanilla
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Step 1
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200°C.
- Step 2
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Step 3
- Combine buttermilk, egg, Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and vanilla into a separate bowl.
- Step 4
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, gently mix (fold) until just combined (NB: Do NOT over mix the batter, as this will make the doughnut balls tough).
- Step 5
- Lightly grease a cupcake baking pan with Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and using a tablespoon scoop some batter into each circle in the pan (NB: Use a lightly greased baking tray if you don’t have a cupcake pan).
- Step 6
- Bake for 10-12 mins until the tops of the doughnut balls spring back when lightly pressed
- Step 7
- Remove from pan and place on a tray to cool. Once cooled lightly dust with icing sugar/confectioners sugar.
Write Your Own* All fields are required