Serves - 8 people
5 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of yeast
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of butter/margarine
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs (whisked)
1/2 a teaspoon of salt to taste
Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil for deep frying
1/2 cup of sugar
- Step 1
- In a small bowl, pour the sugar into the milk and mix with a spoon to dissolve and set aside.
- Step 2
- In another bowl, pour in the Flour, Yeast, Salt and mix together.
- Step 3
- Pour in the milk/sugar mixture and mix gently using a spatula.
- Step 4
- Add about ½ a cup of water to the batter then mix gently to make a semi thick paste.
- Step 5
- Add the butter and whisked egg into the batter and mix.
- Step 6
- Knead the dough till its stretchy and not sticky and cover with a clean cloth to double in size. This could take 30minutes to 1 hour.
- Step 7
- On a clean floured surface, roll out your dough but make sure it’s not too thin so your doughnuts are not flat. Cut the dough into circles. You can use a small round shaped cover or bowl to make your circles and a smaller container for the middle hole.
- Step 8
- In a deep pot, heat up Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil. You can test if the oil is ready by dropping one of the small cutouts into the hot oil. If it rises to the surface then the oil is hot enough. Fry the doughnuts till they are brown on both sides.
- Step 9
- Remove from the pot and place on a paper towel. This will drain the excess oil from the doughnut.
- Step 10
- Coat your slightly cooled doughnuts with Sugar on both sides and enjoy this yummy treat with a cold drink. Perhaps you can even try it with a hot chocolate beverage.
Write Your Own* All fields are required