Margarita Cake Recipe
1/4 cup of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
1 package white cake mix (without pudding)
1 can of frozen margarita mix (undiluted)
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons key lime juice
1 teaspoon key lime zest or lemon zest
4-5 cups sugar
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 177° C.
- Step 2
- In large bowl, add cake mix, margarita mix, egg whites and 1/4 cup of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
- Step 3
- Add lime zest; mix completely. Fill prepared lined cupcake pans
- Step 4
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or till tested ready. Cool for 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely
- Step 5
- Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely
- Step 6
- ICING DIRECTIONS
- Step 7
- In a large bowl, mix cream butter, cream cheese, juice and zest until light and fluffy.
- Step 8
- Add 4 cups sugar, one cup at a time; continue mixing until light and fluffy. .
- Step 9
- If icing is too thin add additional confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Step 10
- Put icing graciously on cupcakes
Write Your Own* All fields are required