Ofada Rice Recipe
Serves - 4 people
2 cups of Ofada rice
4 large green bell peppers (chopped)
2 large red bell peppers (chopped)
10 pieces of unripe habanero peppers a.k.a Atarodo (chopped)
1 red onion (chopped)
1kg of assorted meat (Goat meat, Shaki, Kponmo, Beef)
Mamador Virgin Palm Oil
Salt to taste
Locust beans (a.k.a. Iru)
- Step 1
- To prepare the Ofada Rice: Wash the rice , put in a pot and parboil for 5 minutes Drain the water using a sieve, wash again and put the pot back on fire, add salt to taste and enough water to cook the rice till it’s done.
- Step 2
- To prepare the Ofada Stew: Wash and blend all the peppers i.e. the green and red bell peppers, unripe habanero peppers, onions and set aside
- Step 3
- Blend the crayfish and locust bean using a dry mill, or you could pound them using a pestle and mortar.
- Step 4
- Wash all the assorted meat and cook them until they are properly done and set aside.
- Step 5
- In a separate pot, pour in the blended pepper and cook until all the water dries up (this should take about 20 minutes on medium to high heat)
- Step 6
- Place a clean dry pan on medium heat, pour in Mamador Virgin Palm Oil and allow to bleach for about 15 minutes (the time may vary depending on your cooker and amount of oil. It will get smokey, so make sure the kitchen is well ventilated.
- Step 7
- Allow it to cool down for about 2-3 minutes, thereafter add in the blended pepper, blended crayfish and locust beans and fry until the oil floats to the top.
- Step 8
- Add the cooked meat and give it a good stir.
- Step 9
- Add salt to taste, seasoning cubes and stir.
- Step 10
- Leave to simmer for another 2 minutes on low heat, and it’s ready to be served. Serve with Plantain.
Write Your Own* All fields are required