Ojojo (pronounced: or-jo-jor) is a yummy, spicy snack that is simple to make. Water yam, one of its core components, can be tough to find locally in Nigeria but the search is always worth it.
Serves - 5 people
1 Water Yam tuber
1 small Onion
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Peel skin off Water Yam and cut into large pieces
- Step 2
- With a grater, grate each piece of Water Yam.
- Step 3
- Dice the onions and garlic (optional), add to grated yam, along with salt and dried pepper.
- Step 4
- Beat/mix thoroughly with your hand or wooden spoon.
- Step 5
- Preheat Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in a fry pan or deep fryer.
- Step 6
- Scoop the yam mix into the pan using your hand or tablespoon.
- Step 7
- Let the underside cook till golden brown, flip and let other side cook till golden brown as well.
- Step 8
- Remove and put on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Step 9
- Serve hot.
Write Your Own* All fields are required