Potato and Rice Kibbeh Recipe
Serves - 6 people
2 Cups of rice
3 Medium sized potatoes (boiled and peeled)
2 Medium sized onions (diced)
2 Seasoning cubes
Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil (enough for deep frying)
Water (Enough for cooking)
Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Wash the rice, place in a deep pot, add enough water, salt and place on medium heat. Cook until the rice is very soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Step 2
- Mash the cooked potatoes with the rice until puree then cover and set aside.
- Step 3
- Heat up 1 cooking spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in a deep pot, add the diced onions and let it fry for 1 minute.
- Step 4
- Add the minced beef and cook until golden brown.
- Step 5
- Add curry, seasoning cubes, salt and stir until well combined. Let it simmer for another minute then turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Step 6
- With wet hands, take medium sized pieces of the potato and rice mixture, form each portion into a ball shape, making a space in the center by pushing your finger through from one end.
- Step 7
- Stuff with some meat mixture, close firmly to form a ball then flatten it slightly.
- Step 8
- Fry kibbeh in batches until golden brown.
- Step 9
- Enjoy with pepper sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
Write Your Own* All fields are required