Spring Rolls Recipe
Serves - 6 people
250g of minced chicken breast or beef
200g of cabbage, cut /grated
3 medium sized carrots, peeled, grated
1 finely cut green bell pepper
Green peas (optional)
1 onion, minced or sliced
Spices(seasoning cubes, curry, etc)
13 Spring roll wrappers
For the Binder:
1 tablespoonful of plain flour
3 tablespoonfuls of cool water
- Step 1
- Place the diced cabbage into a pot, add the chicken stock and salt to taste and boil until the cabbage is tender.
- Step 2
- Add the grated carrots and the green peas and simmer until the carrots are tender,then pour into a strainer and strain out the liquid from the vegetables.
- Step 3
- In a pan, heat up a cooking spoonful of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil, add the minced onions and fry a bit. Then add the minced chicken or beef.
- Step 4
- Stir fry the minced chicken, then add the spices (seasoning cubes), curry powder, etc and mix thoroughly.
- Step 5
- Now add the vegetables and mix well into the chicken. Add the chopped green peppers and stir fry the mixture for just 1 minute.
- Step 6
- In a small bowl, add a tablespoon of plain flour and a little water. Mix thoroughly and set aside. This would be used to bind the spring roll wrappers.
- Step 7
- Spread out the spring roll wrappers and add the filling. Fold together and seal the edges with the ”binder”.
- Step 8
- Heat up the Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil until and fry the spring rolls until crusty and brown. Place on a paper towel to drain out the excess oil.
- Step 9
- Serve with peppered sauce.
Write Your Own* All fields are required