Sweet Potato Biscuit
Serves - 5 people
1 medium sweet potato
1 serving spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
1 ½ cup flour, all-purpos
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
6 tbsp butter, unsaltedp>½ cup of mik
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet a baking mat.
- Step 2
- Coke sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes, or until softened. Mash well or add to food processor, mixing until smooth.
- Step 3
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to combine.
- Step 4
- Add the butter and with a fork, pastry blender, or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until it is the size of small peas.
- Step 5
- Add 1 serving spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 6
- Add sweet potato and 1/3 cup of milk to the flour mixture and stir to combine. If the mixture is crumbly and not sticking together add the rest of the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- Step 7
- Remove the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and dust the top with a little more flour. Roll the dough so that it is 3/4 of an inch thick. Cut the dough using a knife or a biscuit butter into 9 pieces.
- Step 8
- Place the but biscuits on the baking sheet and into the oven. Bake until the tops are a light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Step 9
- Serve hot.
Write Your Own* All fields are required