Unripe Plantain Porridge Recipe
6 pieces of unripe plantain
1 medium size dry fish
1 cup of shrimps
1 medium size onions, sliced.
2 serving spoons of blended fresh pepper
1 small size ginger, chopped
Handful of Ugwu leaves, chopped.
1 serving spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste
Seasoning to taste
- Step 1
- Rinse your unpeeled plantains with water to remove dirt. Peel, cut into chunks and soak in water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Remove 5 pieces of unripe plantain chunks and blend till smooth to make paste.
- Step 3
- Boil 2 cups of water till it’s hot and add your plantain chunks. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Step 4
- Add your dry fish, shrimps, blended pepper, onions, ginger, salt and seasoning cubes.
- Step 5
- Add blended paste, Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and stir gently. Boil for 5 more minutes.
- Step 6
- Add your Ugwu leaves and allow to simmer for 2-5 minutes or until porridge is soft with a creamy paste.
- My twist is adding mamador palm oil and shell periwinkles
Write Your Own* All fields are required