Whole Wheat Chicken Pizza Recipe
Serves - 5 people
½ kg Whole Wheat flour
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 Tbsp Yeast
1 small tin of sweetcorn
2 serving spoons of ketchup or barbecue sauce
½ kg of chicken, boneless, boiled, cut to pieces
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 serving spoon Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
½ cup of lukewarm water
1 Tsp of Salt
- Step 1
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, yeast and lukewarm water. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast is foamy. Add 1 serving spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and ½ tsp of salt and mix for 1 minute.
- Step 2
- Add 350g of whole wheat flour (¾ of the flour, leave some incase your dough is too watery) to the sugar mix and mix thoroughly. When it forms, knead with your hands for 5 minutes. Your dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Step 3
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large bowl that has been lightly coated with Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil. Cover the bowl tightly and allow to rise for an hour.
- Step 4
- While you are rolling the dough into a ball, preheat your oven to 180C for 30 minutes. Place rolled dough in a bowl and cover with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- Step 5
- Flatten the ball into a 12-inch circle on a board, flattening and stretching the dough. Lift the edge of the dough to create a lip around the edges. Place on a baking sheet.
- Step 6
- Coat the dough with ketchup or barbecue sauce, add more or less depending on your preference. Then layer with cheese, shredded chicken, green and red peppers,onions and sweet corn. You can top with more cheese if preferred.
- Step 7
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or until the crust is brown.
Write Your Own* All fields are required