Whole Wheat Doughnuts Recipe
⅔ cup of whole wheat flour
⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
¼ tsp of baking soda
2 tbsp of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
1 tsp of cinnamon
¼ tsp of nutmeg
⅛ tsp of salt
1 large egg
3 tbsp of low-fat milk
2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Step 1
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Lightly grease a doughnut pan with Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil.
- Step 2
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together and set the bowl aside.
- Step 3
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, low-fat milk, Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil and vanilla extract thoroughly.
- Step 4
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture in a large bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Step 5
- Gently pour the batter into the greased doughnut pan, filling it just ¾ way up.
- Step 6
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. (Tip: Poke the doughnuts with a toothpick, if it comes out dry, then doughnut is ready.)
- Step 7
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven, let it sit for a minute and then remove from the pan.
- Step 8
- Serve immediately with an ice cold tea or serve later but store in an airtight container, for not more than three days.
Write Your Own* All fields are required