Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe
Serves - 4-6 people
1 cup of Whole Wheat flour
2 tbsps of White Sugar (substitute 1 tbsp of honey if you prefer)
2 tsp of baking Powder
½ tsp of Salt
1 cup of buttermilk (this can be made by mixing milk with few drops of lemon or vinegar)
2 tbsps of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil for greasing pan
- Step 1
- Whisk whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Step 2
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs and 2 tbsp of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in another bowl.
- Step 3
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the wheat flour mixture. Stir thoroughly until it’s a smooth batter.
- Step 4
- Lightly grease the pan (use a pastry brush to spread if you have) with Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil, and heat for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Step 5
- Pour about 1 ½ cooking spoons of batter into the pan, spread batter evenly into a circle.
- Step 6
- Fry for 1 ½ - 2 minutes till the edges are brown and bubbles form on the top and flip. Fry other side for 1 min till brown.
- Step 7
- Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Step 8
- Whole wheat pancakes are best enjoyed warm with honey drizzled on top or pancake syrup. You can also add fruit toppings such as sliced bananas. Enjoy!
Write Your Own* All fields are required