Yam Balls Recipe
Serves - people
1kg of yam
1 large onion (finely minced)
3 fresh tomatoes (peeled and finely diced)
1 teaspoon chilli pepper powder
2 cups of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil
2 seasoning cubes
¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
Salt to taste
2 eggs (Beaten)
2-3 tablespoons of plain flour
- Step 1
- Peel, cut, and cook yam until it’s very soft. Mash cooked yam until it’s smooth (no lumps).
- Step 2
- Pour 1 cooking spoon of Mamador Pure Vegetable Oil in a frying pan, heat on medium heat. Add half of the tomatoes and half of the onions. Add chilli pepper. Fry for 5 mins while stirring continuously.
- Step 3
- Season with thyme, seasoning cubes, and salt
- Step 4
- In a large bowl, combine fried mixture, remaining onions and tomatoes, and mashed yam. Add eggs and mix well. Make sure the texture of the mixture is not too soft or hard. (In case it turns out too soft, add some flour to thicken)
- Step 5
- Sprinkle flour on a chopping/pastry board. Scoop yam mixture, roll onto board to form balls. .
- Step 6
- Heat remaining oil and deep-fry yam balls until golden brown
- Step 7
- Place fried yam balls on a plate/bowl lined with paper towels to drain excess oil
- Step 8
- Enjoy your yam balls hot with a dipping sauce of your choice- pepper sauce, sweet and sour sauce etc.
Write Your Own* All fields are required